Thursday, May 6, 2010

Saw the Pirates boys celebrate like they had just won the cup. Their opponents were busy trying to get autographs and jerseys from the defeaters. From my vantage point behind my glass I could see all the players from that other team, small as they were. I`m sure I will be able to see the Bucaneers next opponents. It`s those rich ones from across the Juskei.I tell you what, though, i`d rather be at a Telkom Knockout match than these bank ones.No halftime entertainment – I remember a fellow almost falling over the barrier in response to Chomee`s moves.That might have been at the derby....alcohol memory. The hospitality is nothing to be excited about either.I remember being politely asked to return to the game at Super Stadium.Only two of us were left in VIP lounge at the time, the temperature of the one brewed with passion had a lot to do with me not returning for the second half.Adding to that was the fact that the boys of peace and the boys of style were giving the goalkeepers too much peace and the style was not eye catching.
Anyway back to this past week. Thando Mngomeni can tackle and run more than his usual 20 metres per game{proven stat!}.I saw this with mine own sober eyes, pity the blind ones tasked with choosing man of the match for the Wits vs Thanda Royal saw it too and gave the Bantam the cheque.How Calvin Kadi managed to score even 2 goals the entire season is beyond me, even though i actually witnessed him scoring most of them.Ogling young and old man will enjoy a home game at Wits.College Girls!A live match might not be a good idea, wives do watch soccer nowadays you know.
Speaking of celebrating after thrashing a lesser opposition, the Proteas were in action against the mighty Afghanstan army of cricketers.What a fight hey?What a fight!Well done lads!Who`s a choker now heh?heh?

No comments:

Post a Comment